Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jack Studs, Headers, & Blood

Faith is Not a Substance: Part 8

After hearing my co-worker’s statement about faith, I explained that I didn’t think it was right. I then took him to a doorway we were framing and correlated the jack studs and header to faith. I explained how this is the Hebrew definition of faith. The header is resting in the support of the jack stud. It is doing no work of its own and that is the only way it can function properly, in rest.

"faith in his blood"
Romans 3:24-25
“Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.”


It is specifically the position of faith in his blood given to us as a free gift. Faith – the post holding up the header of a doorway in the blood of the lamb. This is a picture of the atonement and how we are justified; how we escape death. Faith in the blood of the perfect lamb.

I'm not sure why I didn't make the connection right away but it took a good friend of mine, Rafe Young, and the Holy Spirit to make all of this come togethor. I believe everything in the Old Testament (specifically regarding Israel) is designed to show us different aspects of Jesus. This is called Typology or Types and Shadows. Generaly in a word picture or story we see an example of Jesus character or form of deliverance.

Sitting in a Sunday morning church service in Franklin TN Rafe started speaking about the Passover event of Israel's exodus. As he was talking about putting the blood of the lamb on the post and lintel the Holy Spirit hit me like a ton of bricks. Something that I thought was weird for most of my life became crystal clear. This was one of the few times I was brought to tears.

Exodus 12:5-13
“Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take [it] out from the sheep, or from the goats: And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike [it] on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; [and] with bitter [herbs] they shall eat it. Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast [with] fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. thus shall ye eat it; [with] your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it [is] the LORD'S passover. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I [am] the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye [are]: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy [you], when I smite the land of Egypt.”

JESUS THE LEGALIST

No comments:

Post a Comment