Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

You and the Father are One




Why I Reject the Trinity Part: 4



It would seem from Psalm 82:6 that we are considered Elohim (god plural) and sons of the Most High. I don’t believe we are the Father but we are of Him. We were created with and from His nature and therefore part of the Elohim. I am just as much Elohim as Jesus or Yahweh, but I am not the person Yahweh. Now, born again, I am His son; just like Adam and Jesus. I am human flesh reborn with the nature of Elohim in my spirit. I am part of the Elohim heavenly family. However, my person is different from you, an angel, Jesus, and Yahweh.



So the first question that we should consider is what is a proper understanding of the word God?



2 Corinthians 5:17-18 (speaking of one’s born again spirit)
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things [are] of God..”



1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.”



Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”



Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,”



Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”



1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”



If we believe that our spirit is one spirit with Christ and it is literally the spirit of Christ in us, that we are being transformed into that image, and will be like him when we see him and receive a glorified and perfect body, then where do we draw the lines? At some point we have to make distinction within the Trinitarian view.


If Jesus is identical in God-likeness to the Father [therefore God], and my spirit is identical with Jesus [therefore God], when my new body perfectly sees and exudes Jesus how will I not be identical to him and the Father? How will I be different? Trinity has distinguished three personalities as co-equal while the rest of us are not. However, the Bible disagrees with this. Regarding oneness we are all one, not just Jesus and the Father. So what does this unity look like?



John 17:22-23
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;”



I am one with Jesus in Elohim nature just as he is one with the Father. Joined unto him in one spirit. All those who are born again are one with the Father because we are now all children in the family of God.



Jesus himself distinguishes, in John 10:29-30, that the Father is greater than all, so how can he then say that he and the Father are one? Some say because they are one in Trinity, but that is basically my point. If God is our Father and we are one with him how are we also then not a member of the Triune Godhead as “God(s) in the flesh?” If one naturally reads these verses the God family makes more sense. The Father is above Jesus in rank, Jesus is above us and yet we are all one in Elohim nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment