Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Daddy's Home!

The Reconciliation: Part 1





I work 45 hours/ 6 days a week while attending night school with my wife. The moment I most look forward to everyday is when I come home for my 52 minutes of family time. Even though my car is loud (I have no muffler) I try my best to come up to the front door as quiet as I can. I am rarely ever able to turn the key before I hear the music to my ears.

“Daddy’s home!” my boys scream from the upper part of our split level house. After hearing the stomping of little feet I see Caleb, my oldest, turn the corner to face the staircase. Jake has now popped his head up over the back of the couch and is jumping to the floor. They run to the top of the stairs as I walk up. Anxiously waiting to jump into my arms and tell me about a day in the life of two small boys. I am more than happy to listen to every detail of their days as long as they will sit on my lap and let me hold them and smell their hair. Just being with them makes everything in life good.

God had that. He would come to visit Adam and Even in the garden during the cool of the day. He listened while they told Him about their new experiences. He enjoyed every second. Haven’t you ever wondered why he didn’t just scrap everything after the fall? Why not just start over? Because He was radically and passionately in love with us, and he was about to do anything it would take to get us back.

PART 2


1 comment:

  1. "Because He was radically and passionately in love with us, and he was about to do anything it would take to get us back."

    good stuff.

    ReplyDelete