Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Spiritual Body

The Reconciliation: Part 3

I usually have a picture with my post. However, I can't find one that represents what I would like to say without also saying something else.

I view the spirit very much like the flesh. Instead of a carnal (physical/earthly) body the spirit is a spiritual body. I believe it has eyes to see and ears to hear and receives sensory knowledge from the spiritual realm.

I hesitate to use certain words trying to express how I understand things. Very quickly people think I'm referring to New Age ideas. Though I don't believe everything in New Age is incorrect (as if all of New Age could be gathered under a collective title) I believe in a tricotomy (3 part human) not a dicotamy (2 part). Most people only perceive the body and the soul so they consider their spirit and soul to be one in the same part.

The original design for man was that the spiritual sensory body (human spirit) informs the mind of man of spiritual truth. The mind tells the heart this information and the heart is affected emotionally by it. In return the heart gives motivation back to the mind to put the physical earth body into action. This was and still is the process of bringing God’s kingdom on the earth.

It is very organic. Very much like seed and soil. The heart is the womb or the soil for seed. When the spirit plants seed in the heart of a man sometimes it takes time, but if that seed is not uprooted, stolen, or choked out it will produce kingdom fruit in the physical earth.

This was the original design for Adam. If you can visualize this spiritual body and understand that it was the body that did die at the fall, then it will help you understand many verses we will discuss.

I also believe the spirit body is how we communicate with God. Not only does it receive information it converses in the spiritual realm. It is how we worship.

John 4:24
“God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.”

PART 4

No comments:

Post a Comment