Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Eternal Life is Not Heaven



When we understand the Gospel of Grace then we will begin to understand eternal life. We will understand that the purpose of God’s ministry through Jesus was not about saving us from Hell. It was about Reconciliation. It was God’s work to get back what He lost…us.


Acts 20:24
“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”

The grace gospel is not only “the Power of God” but it is the “Gospel of Peace”. (Rom 10:15, Eph 6:15)
It is preached with signs and wonders not with wise words. (Rom 15:19, 1 Cor 1:7)
Any version of a gospel that is not the grace of Christ is false. (Gal 1:6)

Eternal Life is not going to Heaven, it is the Reconciliation.

John 17:3
“And this is life eternal, that they might know* thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

(*ginōskō – implies intimacy, used as the Jewish idiom for intimate knowing as in “Adam knew his wife Eve.”)



1 comment: